When doing fitness, bloating is something you need to embrace. It is normal, because you will eat a lot for those gains. How to prevent bloating is always an interested topic, because a lot of people struggle with it. So girls, here are some tips that I used how to prevent bloating:
Start with a glass of water every morning
This will help to get your digestive system going
Break up with some food that are common to create allergies/intolerance
Here are some common foods and ingredients to consider:
- Lactose: Lactose intolerance is associated with many digestive symptoms, including bloating. Lactose is the main carbohydrate in milk.
- Fructose: Fructose intolerance can lead to bloating.
- Eggs: Gas and bloating are common symptoms of egg allergy.
- Wheat and gluten: Many people are intolerant to gluten, wheat, spelt, barley and some other grains. This can lead to various adverse effects on digestion, including bloating.
Some food will blow you up. Decrease them.
High-fiber foods, like pasta or bread, can produce a large amount of gas. This is really heartbreaking because pasta is life BUT it depends on the person, so figure out which food produces the most gas for you. Also, a lot of people have an intolerance for lactose. When having a lactose intolerance, you can’t breakdown the lactose in your body. This will create gass and bloatness.
Don’t eat too much at a time.
People who experienced bloating often have increased sensitivity to food in the stomach. Therefore, eating smaller meals can be very useful.
Avoid air swallowing
- Don’t drink too much soda
- Chewing gum will get your breath nice and fresh, but will increase your bloatness
- A good excuse when people cannot stop talking: it is not good to talk why you eat because you will swallow air
- Don’t drink through a straw: GOOD! Because most of the straws are single use plastics. Another reason to not use straws
Certain over-the-counter products may also help with bloating, such as supplemental enzymes that can help break down indigestible carbohydrates.
- Lactase: An enzyme that breaks down lactose, which is useful for people with lactose intolerance.
- Beano: Contains the enzyme alpha-galactosidase, which can help break down indigestible carbohydrates from various foods.
In many cases, these types of supplements can provide almost immediate relief.
Get more active
Be careful with sugar alcohols
Sugar alcohols are commonly found in sugar-free foods and chewing gums. These are considered to be safe alternatives to sugar. However, they may cause serious digestive problems. Try avoiding sugar alcohols like xylitol, sorbitol, mannitol and erythritol.