Going to the gym is the first step, continuing to do so is the second. It is totally normal if you want a little bit more abs, a bigger butt or if you just want to transform your whole body. The last one applied to me. I was working out and doing a lot of cardio, not knowing that the ‘’curves’’ I wanted didn’t come with losing more ‘’fat’’. I was so convinced that I needed to eat only lettuce and chicken that I felt guilty when I ate cheese (yes so so stupid).
Okay, back to it… I wanted to have a more curved body! I started training more and more with heavy weights, interested me more in the 3 macro’s every person need (carbs, fat and protein) and checked if I was eating enough calories to gain weight. You should check out how many calories you need and how many you eat. You will be surprised. I need to eat 2500 calories a day and it is freakingg hard!
After one month, I saw a huge growth in my butt (going to the gym 4 times a week). After that I was addicted JIf you start seeing results, going to the gym will be much more easy for you!
At the time I was doing cardio (1,5 year ago) my hips had a measurement of 86 cm. Now my hips are 97 cm! Consistency is the key. Just do it!
My absolute favorite workout at the moment
- Start with a good warm up (see the previous blog for a proper warm up).
- Banded squats 12 – 10 – 8 – 8
- Landmine sumo squats 12 – 12 – 10 – 10
- Banded hip thrust 12 – 12 – 10 – 8
- Leg press with close feet, Just do as much as you can. Sets of 4. Really try to feel the burn in your butt and not in your legs!
- Hip abductor 15 – 15 – 12 – 12
- End your workout with a lot of banded side walks
In the next blog, I will share some meals.